Monday, August 25, 2008

The silly things we do for love

I am in love with a drummer. He taught me the basics of drumming, showed me how to play pool, was the first boy to bring me home latter than 11:30, brought me bowling, smiled to me onstage while drumming, and makes me think of him everytime I hear a love song. I knew how many hearts were destended to be broken the moment I decided to love him.
Two.
His and mine.

I met him during his "All about lovin' you" phase. The soundtrack to his life consists of what song his band just happens to be practicing.

It's silly how I always had an inky little feeling that I would fall in love with a drummer. It's silly how I just happen to dislike lead singers. I find them quite egocentric. It's silly how after knowing him, I think the drummer as the most important figure in a band. They are the rhythm and soul of a band. He understands that music is soul. He isn't in a band to show off, he's in a band to drum his soul away.

And I love him for it.

No comments: