Monday, April 26, 2010

MEXICANS: Part one

i went into ez lube around nine thirty
and told the guy not to touch the air filters
just change the oil, the oil filter, and well call it even steven
i sat in the lobby and read about maggie the street girl
new york circa 1890

the guy next to me had a pony tail and slippers,
he went through his mail with an envelope knife
until the mexican ez lube guy
came up to him and told him
he had a nail in his tire
the pony tail said to leave it there
the ez cholo told him all about his car
he talked about it with such sincerity
this and that needed this and that
this is needed this now
or else the car wont work ectect
this sense of knowing

the pony tail wasnt fooled
he told them to check his abs light
and the cholo gave him a nod, rose, and went back into the pony tails
car to look at his abs light

when the cholo called my name and showed me that
he had taken out the air filters
he had this smile on his face
as I walked towards him
he was going to try and sell me air filters
its their job, they have to do it,
the have to try and sell you shit you dont need
hoping you dont know anything about cars
and that they can scare you, or guilt you,
into buying something you dont need
this america
this is ez lube
this is me about to grab the oil gun and
pump my own fucking oil into my car
cuss im not that american
im not played

No comments: