Thursday, April 8, 2010

he says the fish isnt right

she bought it
she paid a lot of money for the fish
sashimi grade tuna my ass
she agrees it doesnt smell right

she says he doesnt use enough dressing in the salad
he tells her to add more

opens the refrigerator and points
to the bottles of different dressing

she looks at the bowl
his home made dressing

the lemon rind squeezed dry
and the fresh herbs and oil

then she looks at the empty bottle
he makes his own salad dressing
it involves real things
she knows it doesnt come from a bottle

she knows this
and wonders why he wont make her more

he is busy getting ready for the trip
three days in the wilderness
nothing that cannot be fit
into a back pack
three days no water

he is packing dehydrated fruit
wax covered cheese
salami

he almost forgot
the cup
one cup
three days
he needs the perfect cup

ken is testing out how to freeze beers
without having them explode in the refridgerator
this is his concern
how to have cold beer
six hours in to a gruesome hike

women are not coming on this one

she is asking for more dressing on the salad
tonights last supper
a carefull dance of need and neglect

he better fuck her good before the trip
she asks me
"why arent you going?"
"I am"
have you packed she asks
"Darling...Ive done biblical deserts...I dont pack."

where sarah looked back
and turned into a pillar of salt
I slept there for three days
on the desert floor in a sleeping bag

I shook white scorpions from my shoes
Im the one who will fast
Im the one who will take nothing

the fish looked good
I wanted to finger it into my mouth
the slabs of sashimi

the men began preliminary testing
when all things were packed...
jon and i arm wrestled with our right
i lost...

ken and I with the left
I won

see you in three days love...

im no right hand man...
but these bitches dont know no desert

No comments: