Thursday, November 12, 2009

She talked alot about sentence structure
she was on auto pilot
she had been doing it forever
I think she knows I like her
becuase she still tells me "happy halloween" when the day is done
i like that
We are teachers of a language we refuse to believe is dead
we use it in ways that are living
and we say "happy halloween" instead of goodbye
even in november
my other co worker, the mainlander
keeps asking to see pictures of halloween
I tell her they are here
they are there
I tell her they are on facebook
but I know they are not
she hands me her blackberry
and I thumb through passwords
class begins just in time, no time for this
I dont think I wanted her to she pictues of me wearing
diamond studded sun glasses while wearing an orange convict outfit
i like the one who still tells me happy halloween mid november
the old one in her fifties, the one who wears the same clothes everyday, the one with plastic rings and dirty fingernails who turns her lesson sheets into pictures of screaming ghouls and tortured abstract thoughts
i will talk to that one
not the mainlander

No comments: