Saturday, November 28, 2009

i will be carefull with your name
i will covet things unsaid
if it means to dream of you that night

you were making wings for an airplane
cutting wood with a jigsaw
i yelled because I didnt think you knew what you were doing
I told you it wouldnt fly
you walked away
I will covet things unsaid
I couldnt understand why you needed to make an airplane
clearly everyone else was dressed for halloween
there was adrian
dressed as richard nixon
I was just in love with you still
I will covet things unsaid

I caught up to you and didnt say a word
i sat you down across from me
you crossed your legs and looked at the ground
I lifted your head and our mouths met
I will covet the things unsaid
I awoke in time to realize
I couldnt remember how you felt
it had been too long
I will be carefull with your name
because the face is already something
Ive forgotten to feel
I tried to taste that kiss
the way it should have been
my mind can create you in dreams
so real
but it can not feel a thing
I will covet the way we left
the name I will no longer say to anyone
if it means to dream of you again

No comments: