Wednesday, April 22, 2009

so in america land the teens have stopped
apparently Im writng this with a nose bleed
I feel something cold and invigorating in my face
raise my hand to my head and the eyes confirm
men are not accustomed to blood the way women are
american teens stopped eating garbage
and the economy tanks
the world tanks if your in the business of business
the whole world was tuned to the consumption of teen aged girls from tarzana
they wear black
I hear metal coming from head phones
in the quiet before the lecture
where were you when I was metal?
when I was metal, you were bryan adams
you were jennifer lopez
and now the youth is metal
blanket metal
a generation that stopped consuming the obvious
america is entering a dangerous and necessary rebirth
much of the masses will be lost
the new movement is absurdism
they laugh at all grand plans
they laugh in spanish, chinese, and armenian,
"tell god your plans, it makes him laugh"

this is my class, its about to begin
and I pause to listen to metal
pouring, destroying the silence
in an otherwise boring room
coming from the head phones of the student in the back

No comments: