Monday, September 15, 2008

mormons once came to my house

I think that was when I was in elementry school...

I never understood why they had wear helmets while bike riding, from the pace they rode their bikes, slugs had enough time to slug away before they ran over them.

They stood outside our door and wouldn't come in until daddy came home. They knew we spoke English but insisted on converting us in Chinese. I didn't really understand their Chinese. I ate clams and dozed off to their monotonous preaching.

After they had finished converting us, they wanted to come again. Daddy smiled a tight smile and told them that he thought they better not. They gave Daddy a look that said that he thought we would all go to hell.

Imagine what Daddy would say if I ran off with the mormons? Did mormons have anything to do with the word moron appearing in the English language?

The Osmond family were mormons weren't they?

No comments: