Monday, February 15, 2010

valentines day 2010

ken and his on again off again girl leah came over on valentines
earlier that afternoon
I got in the car to go down to the beach for a run
but when I saw the row of cars pilling into the parking lot
on what could be called a summers day I turned around, got the skateboard out
and headed for venice, there were thousands of people out, it looked and felt of summer,
today they say its gonna be the same, monday, I will go run this morning, when the weekenders leave, when I feel alone with you, next weekend ken has declared as the weekend of music, no leaving the studio for 12 hours each day, the studio will have two days of beer, chips, and weed, and we are not leaving until its finished...fuck the pain away was a major hit with the valley house, ken played it for me again, "I love the sound of her voice...its so dirty" leah said, when they left I got on the computer to write you when I saw an email from jesus, she hadnt written anything since last summer, in august she said something about coming to la, last summer, asked if I could pick her up at the airport and I told her to give me the date and time, she never wrote back, I never saw her, about eight months later, on valentines day, she sends me an email of her in pictures, in the pictures she looks about 8 months pregnant, big watermelon of a belly, there is a picture of her belly next to an abalone shell, a picture of her belly next to a baby goat, a picture of just the belly, what a strange little valentines day this turned out to be, i will always guess at things between me and her, i will never know anything, yet as i close the computer I have the faintest glance of prophesy, and im writing it out right now so there is a record of it, so months from now, probably within the year, I think the two of you are gonna meet, jesus and jenny, in hawaii, she thinks her pot, home grown, in volcanic soul and sun, is better than anything ken and his labmen can come up with, well see...

No comments: